Egocentrism

My photo
Brookline, MA, United States
I'll post rants here, and musings; articles and thoughts about articles. I'll keep it quite complex and yet astoundingly simple: whatever it is I am interested in at any given moment.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Scariest Article I've Ever Read

Karen Tumulty, as the cover story in the March 16 issue of Time, wrote the scariest article I've ever read.

She chronicles the struggles of her brother, Pat, who has Asperger's Syndrome but appears to have been employed his entire adult life, was on a series of six-month medical policies through an insurance company in Texas (quickly replacing South Carolina as home to state bullshit, with props to Dave Segal's comedy routine) when he was diagnosed with kidney failure. The company rejected his claims, the bills piled up, and even his well-connected sister couldn't really do much.

Scariest article I've ever read.

No comments: