Egocentrism

My photo
Brookline, MA, United States
I'll post rants here, and musings; articles and thoughts about articles. I'll keep it quite complex and yet astoundingly simple: whatever it is I am interested in at any given moment.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Cereal Killer: Confessions of an "Adult" Fan of Froot Loops, Corn Pops, and Low-Fat Granola

I love cereal, always have. My favorites are Kellogg's classics like Froot Loops, Corn Pops (how do you not love cereals that have their own webpages?), and Low-Fat Granola (with Raisins). I also like most other cereals, including camp favorites General Mills's Golden Grahams and my current fave in Israel, Cinnamon Toast Crunch (Cini-Minis here). Pretty much, I'll eat anything that's good. (Though it's worth noting that, during a rare dieting moment in the spring of 2002, I did an analysis and found that Froot Loops and Corn Pops are actually much healthier than some of those fruity, nutrition-y looking cereals like Blueberry Morning.)

Which is why I found this part of a Newsweek article analyzing the fall-out from Michael Phelps's bong hit to be almost offensive, but mostly just ridiculously funny (and shout-out to my b-i-l @ Huffington):
Kellogg's says it didn't drop Phelps; it just decided not to renew his contract. But the nation's proud, unrepentant stoners weren't buying the official line. They called for a boycott of the company. "Kellogg's has profited for decades on the food tastes of marijuana-using Americans with the munchies," read a petition on The Huffington Post. "In fact, we believe that most people over the age of twelve would not eat Kellogg's products were they not wicked high."

1 comment:

NarshBed said...

Actual Kellogg's cereal=
Scooby-Doo cereal: Cinnamon Marshmallow Scooby-Doo! Cereal

Not only do you have to be high to eat that, you have to be high to create that.