Egocentrism

My photo
Brookline, MA, United States
I'll post rants here, and musings; articles and thoughts about articles. I'll keep it quite complex and yet astoundingly simple: whatever it is I am interested in at any given moment.

Friday, November 7, 2008

This Week's Sign that the Apocalypse Is Far, Far Away

Things feel good in the wake of Obama's victory. So good that a football player from FSU (alma mater of my dear friend and chevrutah, Rabbi Joel Seltzer) - not the most academically-oriented of schools and one with a less-than-stellar reputation for the behavior of its football players - will be skipping a hugely important game to interview for a Rhodes scholarship.

As someone who fell short of even the interview phase of the process, and who would have loved the opportunity to take advantage of all the Rhodes' has to offer (though God only knows how it would have impacted my life - for better and worse), good look Myron.

No comments: