Egocentrism

My photo
Brookline, MA, United States
I'll post rants here, and musings; articles and thoughts about articles. I'll keep it quite complex and yet astoundingly simple: whatever it is I am interested in at any given moment.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

הכרת הטוב

Mad props to three friends:

Laura Elkayam, who makes me laugh, won the award for Best Oralist at an Appellate Advocacy Competition. I don't know what that means, but I think it means that some impressive lawyer-y folks found out that Laura speaks like I've always known she speaks since we met c. 8 years ago.

Rabbi Morris Allen, of the אוהל-esque Beth Jacob Congregation in Mendota Heights (don't you dare call it Minneapolis), Minnesota, husband of the incomparable Dr. Phyllis Gorin, and father of firebrand Avraham (double T) Allen, zinger Leora Allen, and major firebrand Adina (nice birthday) Allen, was named to the Forward 50, most likely for his groundbreaking and important work with Heksher Tzedek (and, perhaps even cooler, now puts in him in a club with Sarah Silverman).

Micah Klein, best friend, prodigious drooler, has allegedly begun to crawl.

1 comment:

JK said...

Thanks for the shout out to our little guy. He is very proud of himself :)