Egocentrism

My photo
Brookline, MA, United States
I'll post rants here, and musings; articles and thoughts about articles. I'll keep it quite complex and yet astoundingly simple: whatever it is I am interested in at any given moment.

Monday, November 24, 2008

Apocalypse Approaching, What Would Jesus Say?

Two not-so-related stories:

Worth of being a "Sign of the Apocalypse" (and just awfully sad), note the poll results that 70+% of Israeli Arab Women don't think being slapped by the men in their life is a form of domestic abuse.

Turn the other cheek?

In other news, I listened to a fabulous set of interviews that aired in mid-May on Fresh Air which were themselves a reprise of a 2006 show featuring Wexner pimp-daddy Gershom Gorenberg and (the Reverend) John Hagee who pretty much likes John McCain, comparing New Orleans to Sodom, and refusing to think with any logic about peace in the Middle East, in one order or another. If you haven't heard the full interviews, listen to them - and then ask yourself if you're still comfortable with Christian Zionists as "friends" of "Israel" or "the Jews." I'd take Ayers and Said over these guys any day of the week.

No comments: