Egocentrism

My photo
Brookline, MA, United States
I'll post rants here, and musings; articles and thoughts about articles. I'll keep it quite complex and yet astoundingly simple: whatever it is I am interested in at any given moment.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

That Warm and Funny Feeling? ... Probably a Poisonous Caterpillar

It's the eve of Passover and all of Israel is shutting down. Rumors are that the roads are packed tonight (Thanksgiving afternoon style) as חילונים drive back and forth to their סדרים.

It's the kind of time we ought to be able to acknowledge the universality of the Jewish people, on this night when, in addition to recounting our shared birth narrative (which we do every night and twice on שבת) we act it out, attempting to fulfill the Mishnaic injunction to "see ourselves as if we had left Egypt."

Cue the Israeli Army's rabbinate pooping on our parade.

Wonder who I'll be directing my morally-problematic שפך חמתך at this evening?

Gotta love the Jews.

No comments: