Egocentrism

My photo
Brookline, MA, United States
I'll post rants here, and musings; articles and thoughts about articles. I'll keep it quite complex and yet astoundingly simple: whatever it is I am interested in at any given moment.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Coolest Thing Brandeis Could Have Done


Just when it seems I'll be seriously slowing down my blog pace, in part to cope with the realities of Pesach break, in part to focus on some longer posts, lightning strikes.

It's been a tough few months for Brandeis University. Today, unrelated to the financial crisis gripping the school, I was sent an announcement about an unbelievably awesome new program (seen in the picture) through the library.

The program allows you (anyone, I think) to sign up for an RSS feed (click here to read or here to watch a short video explaining what RSS is) from the library consisting of new publications in forty-three different categories (or all together, sorted either by date or by title). This has inspired me to finally utilize Google Reader (which I know some of you use to read my blog) in that I subscribed to 17 different topics. (I am my father's son, as my mother is surely saying to herself as she reads this.) The only travesty is that subscribing to the "Mathematics" and "Science" areas didn't make any sense because everything was computer science bs.

Never one to shy from a new challenge, I have now subscribed to an additional nineteen other feeds from a variety of blogs and websites, and have thus cut down on a good number of quicklinks in my browser. I also now have at least 983 unread messages waiting for me. This will pose some filtering and time constraint "challenges."

Mad props to Brandeis - unbelievable service!

No comments: