Egocentrism

My photo
Brookline, MA, United States
I'll post rants here, and musings; articles and thoughts about articles. I'll keep it quite complex and yet astoundingly simple: whatever it is I am interested in at any given moment.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Quick Digest

What's keeping me busy today:

Reminiscences of Cabbage Patch Kids and other holiday gifts that drove shoppers crazy.

A brilliant quiz about caloric content. (I should have gotten an A+, but did not. It is, however, within reach.)

An article recommended by b-i-l K'tantan that looks pretty sick.

Great take, as usual (though the title is a bit of a tease) by 538 about why 60 is the big number in the Senate when, as I've been thinking to myself all these past months, it's been a long, long while since we've had a real filibuster.

The staggering, preposterous story (and story and story and story) of Madoff and $50 billion.

Brilliant (as usual) recollection of Susan Sontag ז"ל from Al. (I wasn't at the museum, but was at the rest of her events - unbelievable.) And - alas - a review of her newly published journals.

Um ... something worth checking out.

No comments: